Tuesday, September 10, 2013

H20-Deep Blues By DR



This project was all about comparing and contrasting daily water usages to different countries. The purpose of this project was to get a better understanding of water usage, and maybe even appreciate it more. I enjoyed learning about other daily water usages, I've realized just how much water I used. I use 139 gallons daily, that's completely ridiculous. On the regular, there's people out there that use around 40 gallons of water a day. I've learned that people in Japan aren't so different from me, surprisingly. Thank you, and please view the data i collected below. My daily water usage on the left, and Japan's on the right.  

 
DR (2013) My Water Usage vs Japan's. Internet: Infogram.

In this investigation I ended up having 139 gallons as my daily water usage. I split my day up into 4 daily water categories. Hygiene, Consumption, Chores, and Garden. I ended up with 122 gallons in the hygiene department, 90% of my whole daily water usage. Garden and Consumption didn’t make up much, however daily chores ended up being 6% of my daily water usage. I chose Japan to Compare/Contrast with because I am somewhat fascinated with Japan’s history. My sources say that a normal person in Japan uses about 375 liters of water a day, or 99.2 gallons. The difference between Japan’s daily water usage and mine is about 39.8 gallons. I estimated that it would take me 2-4 hours to carry my own daily water usage from the nearest water source. It’s about 1 or 2 miles away. To conclude, this whole investigation has taught me to value water A LOT more.

LEITE, Carlos (2013) Carry Water!! Chicago: GCE


No comments:

Post a Comment