Saturday, January 18, 2014

This I Believe- Humor

In this investigation, I discovered what I believe in most. I was asked to choose a idea or controversial topic. I picked what I specifically believed in, the most. I thought for awhile and humor was the first thing to come to mind. Humor is the ability to have fun. Of course I believe in humor! I'm proud of my speech. I felt like it was pretty cool because I could express myself, because of the relation to humor. I'm a pretty fun and funny person, if I don't say so myself.



When has laughter and fun ever let you down? If you're listening to this podcast, smile, just because you can. If you can be happy, who is there to stop you? Who doesn't like laughing? I believe in Humor.

Laughing is essential to life! Let me give you a couple of reasons why I believe Humor is very important. Humor brings memories, smiles, and life to a place. What would parties and other similar occasions be without Humor? No laughing? No smiling? No fun? I don’t think so! Humor can bring light to even the darkest places. Humor creates friendly environments and strong relationships. A smile goes a long way. The power of Humor is so strong that it can even bring family together? Yea, I said it. I remember in grammar school, I would make people crack a smile on their down days. It makes you feel even better, especially when they’re having a bad day. Humor is my savior & truth. Does it not sound like Humor is essential to life?

And if you ask, what has Humor done for me? I’ll tell you that it has helped my life drastically. I remember in class when I would get sent to the principal and I would say, “NO, you go to the Principal’s office.” In result, the class laughed, including the teacher. He told me to sit down and would usually continue the lesson. A laugh or two can even get me out of trouble. Humor is the reason I’m having fun, as of now. I believe Humor brings a positive attitude everywhere. Do you believe yet?

I’m not going to sit here and lie to you. I didn’t always think this way. I was a lot more serious some years back. Friends & family helped me realize, the best thing to do, was to find the good in everything and don’t take stuff too seriously. People in my family have become huge role models in my life, especially in shaping my outgoing and fun personality. My mom, uncles, grandfather and grandmother have all contributed to my choice of humor. When my close family members, like my grandfather, crack a funny joke, I receive an even deeper connection with them. Just being in my family’s presence molded me into some type of humorous person. Back then I couldn’t but now, I just make sure I keep a positive attitude and be a fun person to be around just for the sake of others.

I hope you find the humor inside of you, if not before than after you hear this, I would really hope it changed your perspective on letting go and cracking a joke or two. It won’t hurt, all you can do is expect a laugh or at least a smile. I just want you to leave with a positive attitude towards life and how you look at people. Humor is the key to fun. It creates fun environments and fun relationships. Who doesn’t like fun? All in all, humor is the fine line between a by standard and a party animal!


- Thank You for listening

References:
Voice Recorder. soundcloud. Web. Jan 17, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment