Friday, April 17, 2015

Remember Your Values Kate

My last Humanities course of the year, Drama, is all about how we view females through the work of plays. In Unit 1, we defined what a "shrew" was and how it relates to feminism. A shrew is a women who likes to bend the rules and let her voice be heard, loudly. The purpose of the assignment we had to do was to help us understand how Shakespeare time period affected feminism. I honestly think that women should have as much power as anyone else. It's just that, we have created this world where women are inferior to men, but not enough women fight back. If not most, some even contribute to the stereotypes of them being inferior by living under these stereotypes. The shrew of our story, "The Taming of the Shrew," is the one and only Kat. Kat was an once empowering woman who believed that women should be in control of their own lives. I want to help her re-realize this through my poem!




Who writes your book?
Men are controlling and menacing, can't you see
You call that love? But your life is what he took
You say, "And be it moon, or sun, or what you please, Henceforth I vow it shall be so for me.”

Is the merriment thought of living a justified life so bad?
Ofcourse you were once the person I sought you to be
But, no cullion is important enough for you to give up your life for free
All you really need is the stomach to regain your true sense for no fee, because that's who you should be to me….. yourself

You may not ever give up your beliefs for no one!
And even then, keep your beliefs because you are a swine
Kat let them hear you purr, by the way there is no disrespect, you're the swine women can only wish they were
Attitude is what makes you fine as wine

Remember, for what I tell you is only gonna make you step forth
Think I'm lying, then let your self tell you to rise north

No comments:

Post a Comment