Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What Every Black Woman Should "Aspire to Be"

In Unit 2, Challenge, we discussed how the use of Rhetoric can inspire or pressure others. One of the guiding questions for this Unit was, "who has used Rhetoric to challenge the status quo?" This goes hand and hand with the video I have chosen below. The purpose of our Action Project is to generally use our brain to find out why a text is effective or not. The video I have chosen is a performance by "Ernestine Johnson," where she glorifies feministic power and redefines what/ or who the "Average Black Girl" is. The moment I found out about Ms. Johnson, I couldn't help but to follow her work. The task at hand (annotating the text) isn't easy, but I HAVE to give credit where it's due. Overall, although the text was hard to annotate, and the message itself was so rigorous, I had an excellent time conducting this project.




No comments:

Post a Comment