Friday, September 19, 2014

My Tarsier

In my very first action project this year, the first unit, "IN/OUT," we discussed the taxonomy of some animals and organisms as a whole. The name of the class is also called, "Population," and it isn't exactly clear how our discussions relate to populations but, it becomes more and more clear as we progress through the course. I had an interesting time researching my crazy looking animal. The math for this course is quite difficult but I'm not bad at math so it comes naturally as easy. This unit was full of fun and exotic creatures and I enjoyed learning about the Tarsier.


DNR. My Tarsier. (2014) 
                     
DNR. Organism Venn Diagram. (2014)

Taxonomic Level
My organism’s group
Key characteristics of group
Kingdom
Animalia
Has more than one cell.
Eats things.
Phylum
Chordata
Has a visible backbone. The spinal cord is housed within its backbone.
Class
Mammalia
The possession of hair, three middle ear bones, mammary glands (organ that allows females to feed milk to offspring), and a neocortex (a region of the brain).
Order
Primates
Lived in the trees of tropical forests; many primate characteristics represent adaptations to life in this challenging three-dimensional environment. Most primate species remain at least partly arboreal.
Family
Tarsiidae
Tarsiers are mainly seen alone.
Genus
Tarsius
Several bones of the heel (tarsals) are longer than those of any of the primates.
Species
T. tarsier
Lacks adhesive toes.

Below is some elements of my organism, that I observed as interesting, stated in Set Notation:

DNR. Set Notation Evaluation. (2014) 

No comments:

Post a Comment