Thursday, October 16, 2014

Harlie, The Omega Adaptor

In my second action project this year, the second unit, "FROM/TO," discovered what it takes to survive in not so friendly environments. Population's class is becoming clear as we roll through our second Action Project. My animal is such a beautiful organism. This assignment was quite interesting because we got to study Mars. The climate of Mars was a bit hard to research because of its complex environment; I didn't think any animal was fit to survive there. I chose this animal to live on Mars and you will learn a bit more on why below:

Since my animal will be living with humans, we will assume that my animal is provided things like water, food, and oxygen. I chose the Husky breed of dog.


PAWS. "Harlie," (2014) Web. fox.com 


My Collected Data (Age In Years): 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,4,4,4,5,5,5,6

DNR. Box and Whisker Plot. (2014) 


I chose my Husky off of Paws. Her name is Harlie and she has a sister that she is tied to, mentally.

The standard deviation for this sample was 1.83 with a group with an average of 2.93. This means there's a decent difference in the age of each of these animals. There was no distinct outlier in my data. Although, there was one number that came up only once, which was 6. Harlie is 5 years old, which is 1.13 standard deviations above the average of 2.93.

No comments:

Post a Comment