Friday, March 6, 2015

Censorship in Greece: 1967-74

For my second project in my class, Forbidden Books, we had to create a slideshow to represent the time period that we chose in class. We also had to choose a specific country to research for our time period. I chose 1967-74, during the dictatorship of the Greek Military. The Greek Military Dictators were also known as the Junta. Junta means a military or political group that takes over countries by force. During my project, I noticed lot of things such as: the Military can be dictating, because I thought they were to serve and protect, but at the time, life was not great for Greeks. Honestly, I think that no censorship is really ever justified because it happened and that can never be changed. People died and lost their jobs and there was chaos. No one can take that back.




No comments:

Post a Comment