Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Bipolar Disorder: How Does It Feel?

For my second action project of my Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math class (STEAM), me and my peers, after learning a lot about disorders and how they affect people, had to choose our own disorders to research. Bipolar I seemed very interesting to me, it always has been. I think it's actually FASCINATING that the mind can force you into some major mood swings. If your body forces you into anything, then it must be very strong in some way. First off, what I learned about most of these disorders is that they affect some people who you would never even know suffers from that disorder. We were supposed to create an activity that helped our viewers connect with our disorder more. This is what made the project interesting!


For my simulation, I decided to use a paper ball, headphones, and a device that can play audio. Basically, you put in headphones and you will hear a man and a woman speaking through the audio. The woman will be telling you to open the paper ball and the man will be telling you to smash the paper ball. The man will be speaking very aggressively. When you open the paper ball it will say "Smash It." That is my simulation.
Why?
(GQ)
What does it feel like to have Bipolar Disorder?
What does it feel like to interact with a person living with Bipolar Disorder?
Time
=
How?
How will I guide my classmates to experience these feelings?

At the end of this lesson, students will have:
  • Found out how it feels to have two personalities
  • Used their inner voice to control their action
  • Transitioned from very angry to very joyful several times
  • Open up a balled up piece of paper with “Smash It”
  • Listened audio screaming at them, whether digital or person
3
What?


Agenda
&
Content
How will I guide my classmates to experience these feelings?

Intro
Simulation - Which criteria for this disorder need to be highlighted?

Debrief
Do’s and Don’ts
  • Do’s: Listen to the audio and only the audio.
  • Focus on your object (commonly used as paper ball)
  • Try your hardest to get the full experience
  • Follow Directions

  • Dont’s: Don’t listen to any other audios while performing this simulation
  • Please try your best to understand how my simulation relates to Bipolar I Disorder
  • React to my simulation how you would normally react
5-6



Closure
Reflection
  • (Writing) How might you respond differently to someone living with the disorder you studied?
4
Materials
Headphones
Balled up piece of paper
Device that can use headphones to play my audio

My brochure for my disease include some interesting facts about Bipolar I Disorder. It is presented below:


No comments:

Post a Comment