Monday, May 11, 2015

Modern Day Historic Conversation

For the second Unit of my "Drama" class, we studied how people view women as "dolls" and how some women or men have stood up to "gender roles" through theater. Throughout this unit, we have read and discussed all of two play writes: "A Doll's House" and "The Little Foxes." In both plays, there was a woman or man who brought upon stereotypes of how women "should" play their role in a relationship. My peers and I, also attended a play about Marie Antoinette and discussed how she follows the expectations of "gender roles." For our action project, we had to create a script for a conversation that we would have with a character from A Doll's House. We also had to choose a female historic figure to add to our conversation, and I chose Hera, the queen of all gods and goddess. I chose Hera because she would be very interesting in explaining the role of women as she has ruled her whole life. My conversation sets in Hera's palace, with special guest "Zan" from Little Foxes, as we discuss how the world has changed as our generations have past.

No comments:

Post a Comment