Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Man Who Can Do It All

For the second action project of my Journalism class, we were asked to pick someone from the 20th century, that we thought had a powerful voice. This person could be alive or dead. I chose Will Smith because I believe that his music is very underrated and his acting career overshadowed his musical talent. We were also asked to focus on radio-journalism so we used podcasts to portray our message. Although. the podcast did take a long time to complete, I think I'm pretty satisfied with the result. We were also required to create a script. This was not a easy task, but I was up for the challenge. I liked this project because it allowed me to use the creative bone in my body. Anything that allows me to be creative, I'm usually open to, and I opened up to this project and exposed myself to new things. I would suggest this project as a leisure type of thing to do because it's very relaxing and you can get your creative juices flowing while learning more about your favorite people in the world.






WHEN

WHO/HOW

WHAT
0:00

0:30


0:30








1:14























                



[Fresh Prince]































[Me/end (Summertime snippet ends)]



[The Fresh Prince- Parents Just Don't Understand Snippet/end]




































[Me/end (The Fresh Prince- Parents Just Understand Snippet)]

THE END


*Snippet of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song plays*





*Snippet of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song ends*

Me (Snippet of Summertime by The Fresh Prince): This is Sean and I’m here on Sean Rivers radio to talk about Will Smith and his impact on the youth, specifically talking about his rap career in the 80s. I feel like Will Smith is prominently known for his acting career, and a lot of people call him a sell out because he didn’t continue rap. Was it for a pay check? Or was Will’s passion for acting stronger than his passion for music? Nevertheless, Will Smith has produced quite a lot of quality music and has made many movies a worth-while watch! Today I will be telling you guys, just how important Will Smith is to me, as a teenager.

Will: There's no need to argue, Parents Just Don't Understand.

Me: We have Nick here on SEAN RIVERS radio. Hey Nick, how you doing?

Nick: Good, you?

Me: I'm doing great. I just had a few questions for you. Of course we're here to talk about Will Smith and how important he was to us as teenagers, we are growing up now. In the 80s he was a rapper though, why is he important to you?

Nick: He's important to me because I feel like his music resonated with me a lot and the way he tried to make it so relatable to the everyday teenager and that kind of stuff and how he was on Fresh Prince and his acting career and all of it was just so great and seeing him progress in that kind of way.

The Fresh Prince: Mom what are ya doing, you'll ruin my rep. She said you're only 16, you don't have a rep yet.

Me: Have you ever went to school in an outfit that your parents forced you to wear? Example?

Nick: Not exactly a full outfit, but I remember my mom bought me these horrible pants and she made me wear them because she loved them (The Fresh Prince: she said if they were laughing, you don't need 'em cuz they're not good friends) so much and she got them at such a cheap price that I was forced to wear them, even though I hated them and it did not go with my style of the day at all.

Me: I know how that feels!

The Fresh Prince: You go to school to learn, not for a fashion show.

Me: Has your mom ever yelled at you for something really minor?

Nick: Oh, all the time, like of course. I feel like that's something that all parents do at some point.

Me: Well, you ever do something and get into a lot of trouble with your parents?

Nick: I have before. I remember I was playing with Nerf guns or something and I shot it at my dad and he all of a sudden got so angry at me. He stood up and started yelling at me. I didn't even do anything that much. It's crazy because parents, they just don't get it sometimes.

The Fresh Prince: That was a hard ride home, I don't know how I survived it. They took turns, one was beating me while the other one was driving.

Me: Thank you Nick, for coming on SEAN RIVERS radio.

Nick: Thanks for having me, man!

Me: Will Smith, born on September 25th, 1968, was an inspiration and voice of the teens. I love to watch his growth as an actor and I’m very happy I get to listen to his older raps because it helps me through my teenage years! Those parents tho…..

The Fresh Prince: Can't live wit 'em, can't live without 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment