Thursday, February 23, 2017

The First Woman Is Drafted To The NBA!

For the second and last action project of my Equality class, we were asked to think 100 years into the future and try to tackle one of the social issues we've been covering throughout the second unit. These social issues include gender and race inequality, and also social class. We were supposed to create an article or newspaper to represent how things have changed over 100 years. I chose the first woman to be drafted to the NBA. The NBA is a man's league. The WNBA was issued in 1996 to separate men and women who wanted to play ball. We were then asked to write a short letter to the editor of this created article/newspaper with a reaction. This project was pretty difficult and it really forced you to use your creative bones, and that's why I loved this project so much! I hope you enjoy my project!


1 comment: