Sunday, February 5, 2017

What Did the Emancipation Proclamation Solve Exactly?

The first action project for my Humanities course, Equality, consisted of creating a textbook. We were asked to choose a relatively broad topic. Our projects were essentially supposed to look something like a textbook; three educational devices, text, etc. Textbooks have to be accurate, though. We made sure that we had more than five sources for our information so that everything checks out well. This project was long and hard, but very important to me. This project, not only told me about myself but about what my people go through on a daily basis. I interviewed one of my younger peers and his answers really spoke to me. The project was especially difficult but necessary. I learned eventually that so many people are oblivious to the horrible systematic racism still present around the world. This project is my attempt of informing people that the oppression of black people will never be justified. Although the difficulty was very high, the project was enlightening.



1 comment: