Tuesday, May 16, 2017

No Phone, No Problem

The second unit of my Endurance course, Katabasis was all about the trials & tribulations of our figurative hero. In this project, we are that hero. We must "endure" something for 12 hours and log our experiences. The significance of this 12 hours is for you to determine. You can go on a twelve-hour hike, play video games, or even build a mini shed aquarium. The idea of this project is to achieve the mission that you set out in the first unit. Or at least get one step closer. I chose to simply not use my phone for 12 hours. I decided that I could become a better artist if I just became one with the art. No distractions. No phone calls, text messages, or games. During this project, I think I found out that writing music kind of hinders my creativity. There's something about writing music instead of typing it for me. Typing is always more ideal for me. The distractions hinder my creativity as well, though, so I guess I have to pick my poison. This project was intensive, but it was really fun and interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment