Friday, February 21, 2014

Dream, You're Not Going Anywhere

In this investigation, my class was asked to pick a dream that symbolizes something really important to us. I chose a dream I had when I was 4 or 5 where I was fighting along Spiderman and we were an amazing team. Thinking about analyzing dreams made me think more deeply. I didn't think it was possible to remember a dream from ten years ago. My dream catcher was fun to make. I approached it with a different method, that was a bit harder, but still a lot of fun. Although it was hard to create, it brought up great questions of how I interpreted the dreams I had and how life revolves around dreams.


My Dream Catcher, Created by DR. 14 Feb, 2014.

The center of my Dream Catcher represents humor. I used different color yarns in the middle to show my love for humor and my personality. The red is meant to represent laughing faces. It represent laughing faces because when you laugh hard enough, you turn kind of red. Blue symbolizes my favorite color and my personality. When people think about blue, they don't usually have negative feelings. Blue can symbolize intelligence, truth, and loyalty which are all words that describe me. But to me, blue symbolizes fun times and funny moments. I presented a dream that was about being Spiderman's sidekick which I thought represented loyalty and fun times. I think Spiderman represents a type of role model for me. A figure that is heroic and wise, but at the same time, hilarious and fun. I think Spidey's personality describes me. Ten years ago, when I had this dream I, of course interpreted it differently. My mind was set on Spiderman and how we had a great time together. I didn't quite see the big picture until a couple of years later. I believe that Spiderman (as silly as it sounds) is the representation of me. When I analyzed my dream with my mom, she asked me why the lizard man starred in it. She also asked, why I was a sidekick instead of the main character. Both of her questions sparked ideas in my head. I believed that my dream had to have some evil in it, but at the same time, I believe that being a sidekick represented that Spiderman was a role model or leader. Was the dream even supposed to go like it did? If I killed the lizard man, then he would not be a problem. If I could relive the dream, then I would let Spiderman fight on his own. Maybe it describes the path I take in life, it may describe how I am as of today. My dream is told down below:

They called me Spiderboy. I don’t know if it was because I was smaller or because I just had that appeal. I was fighting along Spiderman and we were unstoppable. We were making villains run for the hills at the sight of us. Although money was low, we were offered millions of dollars to reveal ourselves. Sometimes if we got lucky, we would bust a bank robbery and keep some cash. School wasn't so well, since we skipped a lot. Aunt May always tried her best to help out with school work and money. We both attended Midtown High in New York City, where we protected our place peacefully. . . Until… the mad scientist went crazy. He got sick & tired of people portraying him as a crazy man. His experiments always failed, so after awhile, he perfected the project. No one listened to him, nor did they try it out. He was 100% sure of his invention so he drank the serum and his mind was set on being a villain. After targeting the government that rejected him, in the first place, he targeted the city’s heros, Spiderman, and his sidekick, Spiderboy. After doing our nightly protective stroll through the streets, we saw a sort of lizard man in the distance, devouring a man alive. As expected from Spiderman, he said, “Looks like that guy has quite an appetite.” We coincidentally found the antidote and cured the professor.

My Dream Catcher is supposed to let fun times and humorous memories past through. My main takeaway would be to leave the negativity at the door!! I'm a fun and humorous guy, it's disrespectful to my culture to come to a positive environment with negativity. The little blue dots on my web symbolize negative memories & thoughts being caught in my dream filter. I have always hated pessimists. My resistance to non-positive attitudes is almost through the roof. My unconscious plays a really big role in my life. I believe my unconscious is my hidden personality. It has a lot to do with my reaction to things and how I handle serious situations. To conclude, I'll present you the big picture, humor is my bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment