Sunday, February 2, 2014

Most Valuable Memory

In this investigation, my class was asked to pick a specific memory that we thought was something that defines us. I chose the memory of 2009, Christmas day, when it was the first time my family came to my home to have Christmas, I was also introduced to my PS3. It was A LOT of fun and I learned the real meaning of family. It was a memory I would NEVER forget. I enjoyed creating & editing the video, that you will view shortly. The only difficult thing in this project was remembering key details from the Christmas of 09.



In 2009, December 25th, Christmas day I woke up so excited I almost wet my pants, forgetting about my daily morning bathroom routine. After taking care of my business in the bathroom, I sprinted to my mother’s room and woke her up. “Ma, ma, ma!” She woke up a bit startled, but realizing the date, she began to smile happily. After my mom’s brief heartattack, we watched Christmas movies for hours. Starting with Home Alone, working our way to The Grinch. While life felt perfect so far, I didn’t even know what was to come. After our Christmas movie marathon, my mother told me to take a shower. I ran to get my clothes, hopped in the shower and took the shortest shower, I ever took in my life. (20-30 minutes) Once I got out the shower I heard my mother on the phone. I followed the sound to the kitchen. My mom saw me and said, “hey sweetie”. I said “hey ma”. Afterwards, she told me to throw on something nice. Not knowing why, I went in my room and threw on a button up and some jeans I got for my birthday. After I put on my clothes, a couple of hours past, it was then 1:30 pm.

It wasn’t long before my doorbell rang, I rushed to see who it was, still pondering why my mom asked me to throw on something nice. I was completely surprised & excited to see my family with gifts. Especially because it was the first time they ever came to my house. It was nice to see them after a decent amount of time. I was a bit hyped to see what my family hot gotten me. I washed up a bit in the bathroom and walked into the living room, happy as a Camel on Wednesday. I could hear Christmas songs playing in the house. My anxiety was raising as I sat down, I analyzed the gifts they held, praying for my #1 choice to show, a PlayStation 3. After a lot of amazing gifts, including: clothes, a flat screen TV, and games, there was no luck on the PS3. After about 12 minutes of thank yous, my grandmother pulled a fast one on me, looking surprised and confused, she said the classic Christmas line: “Oh look, there’s one more left.” , I bought her look. With my heart beating at 340 bps, I asked, “who does it say?” Fortunately it was to me, it felt solid and was exceptionally heavy. I didn’t give up hope, I started unwrapping my gift as family members pulled out cameras. I almost cried when I saw what I got. I was stuck staring at a huge box that said, “Playstation 3”.
After even more thank yous, I found myself rushing to plug up my new game. I was so happy to see the machine ask for my name.   

No comments:

Post a Comment